When you have completed data collection, you should close the research. All IRB related documents must be kept for three years following closure of the research. The closure clock begins from the day IRB accepts your request to close the research.
The following will provide information regarding how to submit a request to close your research.
- Click on IRBNet.org to go to the homepage.
- On the top right corner, log in with your username and password.
- In the left hand blue column under other tools, click on Forms and Templates.
- Use the Select a Library drop down menu and select Minnesota State University, Mankato IRB, Mankato MN - Documents for Researchers.
- Under the Document Library, select the Closure Form. Download this form and complete it.
- In the left hand blue column, click on My Projects.
- Click on the Project Title you would like to close.
- In the left hand blue column, click on Project History.
- In the left hand blue column, click on Create New Package.
- Click the Attach New Document button, then load your Closure Form.
- In the left hand blue column, click on Share this Project.
- Click on Share in the first paragraph then select your organization (Minnesota State University, Mankato). Type in your user’s name and click search. Once you have found your user, click save.
- In the left hand blue column, click on Sign this Package.
- In the drop down menu next to your name, select your title then click the sign button.
- In the left hand blue column, click on Submit this Package.
- Search for your organization (Minnesota State University, Mankato), select it, then click on the continue button.
- In the Submission Type drop down menu, select Closure/Final Report, add any comments necessary, then click the submit button.