Should you submit your proposal to the IRB?
Researchers should not decide if an activity is research involving human subjects that must be reviewed by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). The Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP) provides graphic aids as a guide for IRBs, investigators, and others. Ask the Director if a submission to IRB for review is required. Do not make this decision on your own.
How to Get Documents to IRB for review
How to REGISTER FOR IRBNet and START a NEW PROJECT
- Copy and paste or click on the URL http://irbnetresources.org which will take you to the Resource page.
- Find "Researcher Training Resources" and in the paragraph below that heading, click on the link "resources."
- Type in the special username and password found at this link. The link will not work unless you are signed in to your Minnstate account. If you do not know how to sign into your Minnstate account, contact IT.
- Download the pdf “The New User Registration Instructions”.
- Follow the directions in the pdf to register for an IRBNet account.
- Also, download the pdf "R1: New Project Submission”.
- Follow the directions in the pdf to submit a new project.
You may hear about unlocking submissions. This IRB does NOT unlock submissions.
IRB has a short movie that uses media space that you may like to watch that may help you obtain and IRBNet account. Movie link