Changing the Principal Investigator

If you are leaving Minnesota State University, Mankato or wish to change the Principal Investigator (PI), you must either close the research or change the name of the PI. To close the research see Proposal Closure.

You may still have research that needs to remain active because you have graduate students who have not graduated. This would require that another employee take over the research and you need to change the name of the PI in IRBNet.

  1. Click on Change PI Name for a set of written directions that may be useful.

Also, be sure you make arrangements to store your consent forms. See Leaving Campus.